Thank you for presenting a Lightning Talk at the 2018 SARRAH National Conference for Rural and Remote Allied Health Professionals.
Please check the online conference program to re-confirm the time of your Lightning Talk. Whilst we don’t anticipate any changes please check the program again prior to the session.
Below are some tips to assist you, most importantly please ensure you start and finish your presentation on time.
The purpose of a Lighting Talk is to articulate a topic in a quick, clear and insightful manner. Presenters have a maximum 5 minutes to deliver one or two key messages and so it is recommended you use only 3-5 slides. The 5 minute time slot should ensure presenters are on point, succinct in your delivery but at the same time creative with your content.
Before the Session
- Please upload your 3-5 presentation slides to the online folder by COB 12 September 2018 (embed any content such as audio or video – do not link to external files). You should also bring a copy to the conference on a USB as a back up. If you need to update your files in the online folder please do so clearly showing they are an update in the file name
- When you register at the venue you will be directed to the location of the session rooms. Please touch base with the audio visual technician at least 2 hours prior to your presentation to double check your files are uploaded and ready to go
- The presentation computers use PowerPoint with Windows operating system. Lightning Talks will only be shown on the main room laptop as there is no time to change over to Mac or other alternate operating systems
- The abstract for your Lightning Talk will be available on the Conference Website and in the Conference App (We will be emailing download instructions to all delegates prior to the conference)
- Please go to the session room 15 minutes prior to the start time of the session (not just your presentation) to meet the session chair (their name will be noted in the program).
During the Session
- Please be seated in the front row so that you can move to the lectern quickly at the end of the previous Lightning Talk
- There will be AV technicians roaming between the session rooms to trouble shoot any technical issues should they arise
- Lightning Talks are strictly 5 minutes in duration with a 1 minute changeover period to allow the next presenter to approach the stage
- At the end of your 5 minutes the chair will ring a bell for you to conclude immediately. No questions will be asked until the end of the Lightning Talks and then only if time permits. Please remain in the room and in the front row until the end to answer any questions that arise
- We do not want to embarrass you however the session chairs have been instructed to end all presentations after the allocated time, even if you are not finished, in order to keep the program to time.
There are no facilities for photocopying at the venue. We suggest you bring a copy of your slides and any handouts with you (if desired).